Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Topics that REALLY get people going about pregnancy and childbirth


I’m actually terrified to even mention these topics. Especially now knowing what a hot topic strollers are and the sensitivity around them. So, I dare you, go on to any pregnancy blog board and write “Breastfeeding is for losers” and see what happens. These preggo mamas are not messing around nor are the mamas with kids. So, I figured that I’d gather all the “touchy” topics and answer them myself to get them out of the way for future conversations/arguments.

Hot Preggo Topics.
1. Breastfeeding
2. Vaccinations
3. Homebirths
4. Epidurals
5. And of course dying your hair

ME:
1. I will attempt to breastfeed but if my nipple starts to fall off , yeah I may take a break. Or if my baby is starving then maybe I’ll try a different technique. I will never knock someone for making the best choice for themselves or baby. Everyone is different and every baby is different so lets get a grip.
2. We won’t be vaccinating our children at birth because I don’t like the idea of them doing it all at once and I think it’s better to do your own research and not jump on the bandwagon, H1N1 anyone??
3. I won’t be doing a homebirth but I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I’ll more than likely be doing a water birth so you can capture that image in your brains.
4. I say now that I won’t do an epidural but let’s just cross that path when we get there.
5. I’m fairly certain that every time I go to my hair salon every single person is pregnant. I’m pretty sure hair dye makes these girls fertile. YES, I will be foiling my hair. No I won’t be eating it or rubbing the dye all over my body so I think I should be good.

Phew…glad we got those topics out of the way.  Please begin your judgments…now...

No comments:

Post a Comment