Friday, March 23, 2012

The Baby Boom

When you are pregnant, you look around and see that there are A LOT of other pregnant people in the world. I never really noticed this before. When my husband and I sat in the mall waiting to get our tire changed we counted all the pregnant women we saw. I think we counted 5 or more and at least 10 questionable ones. It’s CRAZY. I didn’t notice that I was part of the new baby boom. Not only that but I’m riding the baby trail with some of entertainment's finest, Nicole Snooki Polizzi,  Vanessa Minnillo, and Kristen Cavallari. Just like anything else, now that I’m pregnant everything is about pregnancy. Even when I’m watching TV all I see are pregnancy movies. So I thought that my top 5 of the week would be my all time favorite pregnancy movies.

  1. Lifetime movies:  OK yes, I know this isn’t a movie but having me pick between “Fifteen and Pregnant” with the performance of a life time by Kirsten Dunst and the informative and edgy “Pregnancy Pact.” You may as well be asking me to choose between Thin Mints and Samoas. Never gonna happen.
  2. Father of the Bride 2:  If you think about it, being pregnant  with your mother has to be a huge bummer but I’m going to look pass this as I think it’s one of the cutest movies ever and gave all us girls an unobtainable vision of our baby nurseries.
  3. Rosemary’s Baby: Yes, this movie is terrifying and still gives me nightmares but I think all us pregnant women need to watch this and truly think to ourselves “Yeah, I may be uncomfortable but at least my baby isn’t Satan’s Spawn.” I think this truly puts things in to perspective.
  4. Knocked Up: I don’t know what is more pathetic, the fact that I truly find Seth Rogen sexually attractive or “Swing” by Savage is still making an appearance on my iPod.
  5. Juno: My all time favorite pregnancy movie hands down.  If this movie doesn’t make you smile then I’m fairly certain Mia Farrow birthed you and you have no soul. 
Have a good weekend!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen "Away We Go" with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph? That's a pretty cute movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swing is an amazing song...and also still appears on my ipod.

    ReplyDelete