Friday, March 30, 2012

Staying Positive


I don’t love being pregnant. Yes, I’m HAPPY about being pregnant and starting a family with my husband and going on this exciting journey. I’m happy and grateful that we are lucky enough to have no problems getting pregnant. However, being pregnant is not my favorite thing. Let’s just say, I’m not going to be the mom that wishes she was still pregnant after the baby is born. I’m going to be the mom that is happy the baby is here and can now begin on stabilizing her hormones. Or at least make a valiant effort. With that being said, I’m attempting to think positively. Instead of coming up with a top 5 list of reasons why being pregnant is kind of a bummer (way easier to do by the way). I’m going to create a top 5 list of the reasons why I enjoy being pregnant. Once again, happy I’m pregnant, not happy about going through it…but here is what I like about it….

  1. I can continue to wear tankinis to the beach, but now, no one is allowed to judge me.
  2. If someone tells me “No” I can act like a complete lunatic until they say “Yes” and then blame it on the hormones
  3. I have many new and different personalities throughout the entire day. Morning Meghan that is very energetic and nice to be around, 3:30 Meghan that even scares me from time to time, and night time Meghan who is nice but only if you let her go to bed at 9:30 and don’t ask her to do anything. And some days, you never know, another “Meghan” will pop up!! All very exciting and somewhat terrifying for my husband.
  4. Every time I make a mistake at work I get to use the phrase, “oops, pregnancy brain” and hope that everyone on the line likes babies and cross my fingers that I didn’t already say it to the same group of people earlier that day because lets face it, I actually can’t remember anything anymore.
  5. And of course, the fact that people bring me delicious treat. My sister made me a life size Samoa, my in-laws buy me Cadbury Eggs (Thank you, Matt J), and basically anyone else I’ve seen since I’ve been pregnant has given me something amazing. So, thank you for making my pregnancy that much better. J

Have a good weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment