Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Maternity clothes..goo


I’d like to start off this blog by giving a shout out to Kohl’s for being the worst place to buy maternity clothes EVER. I truly appreciate the one rack that you have given me that consists of mainly shirts with horizontal stripes. Yes, I’d really like to dive into a horizontal stripe shirt at this stage in my pregnancy. Can I also say that I really enjoy how you strategically place your maternity section next to the petite section. Makes women feel awesome to know that all the cute clothes that are being featured they can’t fit into. Yes, this isn’t my first choice of clothing stores, however living in Sabattus, Maine this is it until Freeport, Augusta or Portland.  . Or I could go to Maurice’s but I’d rather not look like I was heading off to “Sister and Dates” and/or a basement fraternity party. With that all being said, I did go to Kohl’s because I desperately needed a pair of jeans since I only had one real pair of maternity jeans (Yes Rebecca Sullivan, maternity jeans are a thing and I’m not wearing tights under my pants.) and it is a joke to try and fit into my pre-pregnancy pants unless I was running for “Queen of the Muffin Tops” . That’s really all I needed at this point.

I’m “lucky” that my stomach is/has and always will be my “problem area” Yes, me and about a billion other women in the world. However, this is now working in my favor. Granted, I have had to wear maternity jeans since my 10th week  but I don’t have to buy shirts at all! This is mainly due to the fact that I’ve been rocking Flowey Empire cut shirts for years even though I’m certain they went out of style in 1994. If the baby doll dress came back I’d be back on that wagon as well. I know there will be a time that even my vintage 90’s outfits will no be able to contain my ever growing belly and I’ll either have to sew them all together or bite the bullet and go to “Motherhood” to find an overpriced white T-Shirt.  On that note, I’d like to take this moment to thank my friend Katherine Mihalek for buying me a gift card to this store. Especially since before I opened the card I said to her face that I would never be caught dead in a store like that. Thanks, Kat for laughing at me and being so nice as I awkwardly opened your present which was a gift card “to one of those stores” you are the best!  J

1 comment:

  1. Target has a pretty good preggo section. Better than kohls. It's oh, so much fun(not) watching you explode. XOXO, Elizabeth(worked with Nay at disney)

    ReplyDelete