Monday, March 19, 2012

The Name Game


When I was in high school, I boldly stated to all my girlfriends that when I got pregnant and I had a girl I would be naming her ARIES. That’s right, an astrological sign. This is mainly because I was a pseudo-hippie. I was only a hippie in the sense that I bought astrological books, had two grateful dead t-shirts and burnt incense. The worst thing about maintaining friendships with people from High School (Megan Johnson) is that they remember these embarrassing tidbits. Despite my original decision we will not be going with this for the name. Since my husband doesn’t want to play the name game with me until we find out the sex I’ve recruited my friend’s and family. Here are some names that were suggested…


Girl: I’d like to use “Ann” as the middle name after my mom.

Cameron: This is the front runner. My friend Ali text me not knowing that this was my favorite to say “how about Cameron?” so at least someone else likes it. Her nickname would be Cami.
Chloe: Kat’s suggestion. Even though I like it..naming my kid after a Kardashian may be a  regret someday
Madison: Which I also thought was cute. This was another one of Kat’s suggestions
Xotchitl: My sister’s suggestion. Inspiration came from Flava of Love…though I’m fairly certain she was kidding, I wouldn’t chose it on the fact that the kid would never find a name magnet, ever
LeConor: My brother Conor suggested this one. I’m not sure if he intended this to be a girls name but it sounded about right. Again, no name magnets for this kid


Boy: I’d like to use “Paul” as the middle name as it’s the name of my father in law and my husband’s middle name.

Scott: My husband likes the name Scott and it’s one of the only names he has contributed. HOWEVER, I dated a Scott in 7th grade and I’m fairly certain he is currently in prison now and my good friend Andreo and I almost stopped being friends over this awesome catch so I’m going with a big hell no on this one
Striker-My sister came at me with this gem after 3:30pm. She was really testing my mood then.
Sawyer: Ali’s suggestion. Yes, one of my favorites as well. And no, it’s not only because one my favorite characters in LOST was named Sawyer…just a very neat coincidence
Holden: Ali’s suggestion and yes very “Catcher in the Rye” but I love it!
Conor, Connor,  and Conner: All very great and well thought out suggestions from my brother Conor…I’m not sure where he gets his inspiration but we will definitely take these names in to consideration!! J

Names I’m not allowed to use by request of Sadie Stone: Jude, Leif, and other hippie names I will need to run by her first.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?! 

3 comments:

  1. Boy: Rene Jonathan Levesque
    Girl: Nicole Ann Levesque

    Maurice 'n Gisele ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to check out the most popular names of last year and stay away from them. Otherwise they will be forever known as Madison L in school.

    I am partial to Tegan(my daughter) and Hudson(was suppose to be Tegan if a boy)

    Stay away from Michael. Never knew a good one...always in trouble.

    And remember whatever you name them, someone will try to shorten it or add a y to the end...

    We came up with really bad names to tell people because everyone thinks they have a say in what you are going to name your child. That way, when my children were born, suddenly Tegan and Draco wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you forgot the most important of my contributions.... Princess Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete