Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I’ll have Avery when it’s snowing out????


My cousin Catie and I had a date yesterday to go to a psychic thanks to a Groupon that she had found. I’m starting to understand now why it was such a good Groupon deal.

First off, the psychic hated me because I had no real questions to ask. I don’t have much going on that I’m unsure of.  I have a job, I have a husband, I’m having a child, and we have a house. Am I supposed to ask her, now when is everything going to turn badly? As if I want to know that kind of stuff. However, I did ask her what any impatient pregnant woman would ask and that was “When will my daughter be born?” This very “special” psychic closed her eyes and said, “I’m seeing a lot of snow, yes, a lot of snow” and opens her eyes with a big smile on her face as if she just had an amazing revelation.  

My response, I said as sweetly and as un-sarcastically I could, “ummm, no, she’s due in like 2 weeks.” Thinking back maybe I should take it as a compliment that I don’t look as far along as I am but at the same time I saw the pictures from my baby shower and I know exactly what I look like and do not look like a person any less than 9 months. Not only that but my weeble wobble walk into her office should have been a clear indication as to where I am in this pregnancy. Any who, after I let the cat out of the bag about my due date, I asked again. Her response, “just be patient.” Super, thanks. How intuitive of you.

Since I’m fairly certain the psychic was inaccurate in her initial prediction and Avery will not be 3 months past her due date, I did ask my family to give their best guesses as to when they think Avery will be born, along with how big she will be. I had to make sure to get this out there ASAP as some of the guesses are tomorrow!! I’m all about bets so I need to think of a good prize to give to the person that’s closest in their predictions. I’m thinking I should let them come over and cook me supper the week after Avery is born, or maybe have a fun sleepover and they can share a room with Avery and come get me if it’s something other than a dirty diaper. So many great gift ideas that I’ll need some time to think. I'll probably come up with it mid-labor. But for now, here are their predictions…what are your thoughts???

My Prediction: I have to say I thought it would be tomorrow and I was hoping it would be because we have our last centering session so we will already be at the hospital but I don't think it's time. I'm thinking this instead....
Labor: August 30th
Born: August 31st
Weight: 7lbs 9oz
Length: 22 inches

Jon:
Labor: August 27th 5AM
Born: August 27th 2PM 
Weight: 7 pounds 1 ounce
Length: 20 inches


Aunt (Lesley Jones)
Labor: September 6th
Born: September 7th at 4:45pm
Weight: 61bs 2oz
Length: 20 inches

Mother in Law (Ida Levesque)
Labor: September 2nd
Born: September 2nd evening
Weight: 7lbs 2 oz
Length: 21 inches

Father in Law (Paul Levesque)
Labor: September 4th
Born: September 4th evening
Weight: 6lbs 2oz
Length: 21 inches

Dad (Chuck Mitchell)
Labor: September 3rd
Born:  September 4th, 3:30am
Weight: 7lbs 3oz
Length: 17.5”

Sister in Law (Amy McLean)
Labor: August 23rd
Born: August 24th, early morning
Weight 6lbs 7oz
Length: 20 inches

Mom (Ann Mitchell)
Labor: August 31 (The Blue Moon)
Born: September 1st. 1:20AM
Weight: 7lbs 14oz
Length: 19"

Sister (Nay McManus)
Labor-Aug 28th
Born- Aug 28th 10:20pm
Weight- 8lbs. 2oz
Length- 18in

Aunt (Barbara Labrecque)
Labor: Aug 30 2:00am
Born: Aug 30 8:00pm
Weight - 7lbs, 7oz
Length - 19in

Brother in Law (Phil McLean)
Labor: September 2nd
Born: September 3rd 2:37am
Weight: 8lbs 3 oz
Length: 20.5 inches

Soon to be brother in law (Jon Evans)
Labor: September 13th
Born: September 13th, 1:13PM

Weight: 8 lbs 13 oz
Length: 20.13"

Brother (Conor Mitchell)
Labor:  September 3rd
Born:  September 4th, 7:23 PM
Weight 7 lbs 15 oz
Length 20.1"

Niece (Jen McLean)
Labor: August 23
Born: August 23, 11:58pm
Weight: 8 lbs 7 oz 
Length: 21.4"


No comments:

Post a Comment