Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Avery is going to LOVE her nursery :)


I’ve been a wreck this week because now I’m having a tough time sleeping again and I’m completely and utterly hormonal. I broke down into tears yesterday on the couch for no real good reason except that I feel completely overwhelmed by the fact that we have less than month to go before Avery gets here.

Jon found me on the couch and made a great effort to soothe me and to tell me everything was going to be “OK” and then very sweetly said “I thought being hormonal was only in the first trimester.” I sweetly replied back “ you’ve been so lucky that it hasn’t been the entire time.” He knew that that was the best place to end the conversation.

He did make me feel better for that moment in time but it’s really tough not to feel  completely helpless and overwhelmed. A month before my wedding I was basically done not only planning it but having everything organized and ready to go. I had everything together and wasn’t stressed AT ALL! I have less than month before our CHILD gets here and I haven’t bought anything except for a breast pump and that’s not even here just yet. I’m not sure why I felt it necessary to plan to the “T” my wedding months in advance but am deciding to wing it with our first born child.

We have had many generous gifts purchased off of our registry but they just haven’t made it to us yet so I’m at a little bit of a stand still. I’m so grateful people have been buying us things for Avery because we definitely need the help. So I’m patiently waiting and hoping that Babies R Us will get a move on it.

I am happy that I did go to the BetterCT show (I know I’ve said this before and Jon just loves that I keep bringing this up) but it’s so true. We at least have a bassinet to put Avery in so she doesn’t have to sleep in our sock drawer for the first few months of her life. So I think between the Bassinet, a few bibs and diapers she should be good to go. At least I’m hoping that should suffice since that’s all she’s going to be getting if she comes earlier than expected.

With that being said, I thought I’d share her nursery so you can really see what I’m talking about and how evil of a mother that I am for not having her name in letters on the wall or decals of trees with leaves blowing in the wind..

 I think kids these days have way too much stuff anyway…J


1 comment:

  1. Haha, Its going to be kind of sad when the baby comes and you stop posting these great blogs. I think the room looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete