Monday, July 30, 2012

Pregnancy Insomnia


Pregnancy Insomnia is going to be the end of me. I have not slept through an entire night in over a week and I’m about to lose it. I was basically bragging for weeks that being pregnant hasn’t made me lose any sleep at all because my size hasn’t caused any discomfort. HOWEVER, everything else is now causing me discomfort.

Sure I found a nice little cure for my acid reflux but unless I’m popping those bad boys every few hours my acid reflux takes over and so I’m eating chocolate during all hours of the night to help me sleep but can only take a certain amount as you can potentially get somewhat sick from over eating those chocolate little goodies.  Not only that but now I’m peeing every other hour. Granted I drink more water than anyone I know and should probably ease up on that but I can’t seem to stop and therefore I’m trying to figure out if I can fit a nice little twin size mattress in our bathroom.

And if I haven’t complained enough, I’m also suffering from a head cold that I seemed to contract during our stay at Martha’s Vineyard over the past week.  So between my throat being on fire from acid reflux and peeing constantly, I also get to deal with blowing my nose and a headache throughout the entire evening.

Needless to say, I’m flipping cranky and my poor husband has been an innocent by standard in this mess and has also had not one good nights sleep in days. Despite having a horrific week of not sleeping we had an excellent time on our babymoon with our family and we loved just sitting back and relaxing. It was a big milestone and now things are really coming to light that we only have 5 short weeks left until our little girl is here. We are so excited to meet her and to also start putting her in these precious outfits and giving her all these generous gifts from our family. I present to you, Avery’s Martha’s Vineyard swag….

Ya-Ya and Grandpa got this cute little T-shirt for Avery on our trip. 



GABY (Great Auntie Barb, we added the "Y" to make it easier for Avery to say :) ) got Avery her first stuffed animal and a cute little hat to wear on our next family summer vacation!!



And even though everyone told me not to buy any clothes for her since we would be getting so much, I did want to purchase her at least one thing so that we could take lots of pics and I could one day tell her that she was with us on our Babymoon to MV. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment