Monday, July 9, 2012

8 Weeks Left, but who's counting?!?

Less than 8 weeks to go!! It’s crazy how time has flown by all of a sudden. I’ve definitely been a little pre-occupied with work and the house but its still felt like the third trimester is going by a lot faster than the other two.

Of course, this trimester feels a lot different for other reasons. Yes, acid reflux is still a constant issue and my self-medicating with Black Raspberry ice cream continues to help but it is doing a number on my inner thighs, facial region, and bingo arms. I could potentially start a fire with all this thigh and arm rubbing. So I’d definitely been an asset to anyone going on a camping trip.  Not only that but my face is starting to look fuller and fuller. I’m actually terrified to take my weekly belly photo on Friday. I think I’m going to start cutting my head off in order to not frighten my readers. I’m certain I can’t blame just the ice cream for this weight gain as I know my appetite has become that of a teenage boy. I never used to eat that much before so now I think I’m eating just like a normal human being. I had two hot dogs last night (calm down, I talked to my mid-wife and I’m good with the ones we bought) and my husband looked at me in disbelief. I feel as though most people would normally consume 2 hot dogs if that was what they had for dinner. Pre-Pregnancy I’d only have one and be full for the night. Now my husband looks at me as though I’m Wilbur the Pig at every single meal since I’m now having normal size portions. He so sensitively said that he hoped that this wasn’t “habit forming.” I love men.

Not only has the rapid weight gain been noticeable but my constant need to sleep is getting the best of me. At first, I blamed it on all the changes going on in my life and my need to be constantly moving. However, yesterday I just sat in a movie theater watching “Ted” and I needed an 8 hour nap to recover. My poor husband will leave me in bed for 5 minutes by myself and that’s it for me for the night. I’m sure it’s just my body’s way of preparing for delivery but I feel like a lethargic fat beast that can’t get out of my own way.

Again, some symptoms are either just waiting for the perfect time to emerge or perhaps they won’t get me this time around.  But I’m happy to report, no swollen feet/ankles, no stretch marks, belly button is still intact, and no pre-term labor pains. So yes, I’ve been very lucky and as long as my friend’s and family can put up with my constant need for a bed and obese body then I think I can make it through this last trimester on a high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment