Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Acid Reflux, I have finally beat you!


My battle with Acid Reflux hasn’t been all bad. Due to acid reflux I was able to enjoy a nice 4:30am sunrise at our new home. I got to sleep propped up on our couches for an entire evening, which I know I have not done enough of in my life, and I’ve gained all my pregnancy weight trying to self medicate with Gifford’s Black Raspberry Ice Cream for over 2 months. All in all, I can’t say it’s been ALL bad.

My sister in law has been telling me for months to go out and get some chewable calcium tabs to help with it. Why on earth would I go get chewable calcium tabs when all I have to do is eat mass amounts of delicious tasting ice cream?? Well, it happened. It finally happened. The night in which my trusted Black Raspberry medication stopped working for me. I believe it was a Tuesday evening. It was a bad bad day. I tossed and turned and had no way of sleeping without propping myself up in bed and chugged mass amounts of milk and iced water. My ice cream has finally and officially failed me. 

So, I decided that I needed to move on from my black raspberry goodness and try a different avenue. As most of you know, my husband and I are suckers for Whole Foods and I thought it would be the perfect place to get me some of these chewable calcium. Oh, I was right. The brand is called “Adora” and I would sincerely be a spokeswomen for this product if I could be. Not only are the delicious and taste exactly that of a Dove Dark Chocolate mini candy, but for the past 3 days my heartburn has been basically non existent and I haven’t missed any sleep because of it.

For all you pregnant women out there suffering, I urge you to put down the ice cream, unless you want it for taste and not medicinal purposes and pick yourself up some of these. They are out of this world and continues to give me an excuse to eat delicious sweets to relieve this awful pregnancy symptom.

Now I just need to find a cure for excessive amounts of bathroom trips and I’ll have an awesome nights sleep for once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment