Thursday, July 12, 2012

I feel you Jessica Simpson...I feel you..


A lot of women get excited to get pregnant because that means they can “eat whatever they want” and “have an excuse to be fat.” I really didn’t have the mentality going in to this. When my mid-wife said that the “normal range” is to gain from 25-35 pounds, I thought, “Well, I’m going to be awesome and only try and gain 20lbs.” That was a nice thought.

It’s tough to say how much I’ve really gained because I’ve seen some highs and lows in this pregnancy. Back before I knew I was pregnant, after the holidays mind you, I weighed about 135lbs. Not excellent but for 5’7” I’ll take it. My husband and I went on a diet and I got down to about 123lbs. I was beyond excited and began exercising to start getting in shape for the summer. I leveled off at about 125lbs. That excitement lasted ohhh, about 1 week and then I found I was pregnant. Not that I ran out and got a bunch of cookies and ice cream but my need for Triscuits and chocolate milk overpowered me and I started to gain.

 Basically,  I said my starting weight was about 128 since before I got pregnant I was 135lbs and during the first trimester of pregnancy I was all the way down to 123lbs so I thought I’d take the middle ground. Point being,  I should have said my starting weight was 135lbs and called it a day because now based on 128lbs I have gained 30 lbs!!!!!! At least had I gone with 135, I would have had some leeway.

Therefore, I did what any normal, hormonal, fat feeling, pregnant woman would do and headed right to Google to see how much I’d be gaining (on average) for the remainder of my pregnancy and they said about 1lb a week but it will be all baby for the next 7 weeks. Thank goodness my iPhone app “What to Expect When you are Expecting” always knows what I’m thinking and feeling so for my tip of the day they gave me this beautiful chart and I feel SO much better.  

SO, Yes, I’m currently almost 158lbs with a weight gain of 30lbs. I’ll probably get up to 165 when all is said and done and I’ve come to terms with this. Not sure if my husband has yet but he will, and if not, I think he knows now after the hot dog comment that it’s best to shut up and ride out the next 7+ weeks with a smile on his face and an ice cream bowl in his hands. 

Seeeee 30lbs is totally normal. :) Thanks "What to Expect"

No comments:

Post a Comment