Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Registering


Registering for your wedding is fairly simplistic compared to registering for your baby. I know because I’ve done both within almost a year of each other. With wedding registries, it’s not fun by any means but at least if you chose the wrong item no one is going to die or be terribly injured. When you look at some of these baby products there are so many to choose from and you want to make sure you are getting the least hazardous item for your baby.

Registering for me is never fun. I’m doing it on the sole reason that my sister and mom have asked me multiple times to do so. Due to the craziness of the past year and a half: I got married, my sister got engaged, I got pregnant, family vacations, sister getting married,  I don’t think I’ll be having a baby shower for this go around. This is fine with me because I thought that meant I didn’t need to register and just cross my fingers that I didn’t get 15 strollers and 8 diaper genies but had a nice array of cute sarcastic onesies from my friends.  Apparently, I still have to register because that’s what pregnant women do. I’m thankful for my friend Lauren (also our wedding photographer) that she has been giving me some very helpful hints of what to register for and what not to. But I was still having a panic attack over what type of bottles, car seats, etc.

My mom and I went for our first round of registering this past weekend. It was a little overwhelming considering I didn’t realize the vast amount of items this baby would need as well as the price tags that go with it! I didn’t register for Tiffany’s rattles or anything but I may as well have because some of this stuff is insane. I’m very grateful that my mom owns a daycare and knows a thing or two about baby products. We walked through both Toys R Us and Babies R Us and found a lot of great stuff. By the end of the day I was physically and mentally drained. And we haven’t even picked up a crib yet! Even though I’ve heard the worst things about Babies’ R Us, I would highly recommend it. You have everything there and they are very helpful. At least the one near West Farms is.

I’m really happy that is one thing that we are more than half way done with as registering for me is right up there with going in to be weighed at the doctor’s office monthly. With that being said, please feel free to go to Babies R Us and judge anything that I registered for and while you are there feel free to send me a gift off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment