Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's a....


Girl! I’m fairly certain most of you are aware as we have already announced it on FB but I figured I’d document it here as well. She is in the 66% meaning she is a little bit above average for growth which is great. I’m not thrilled about one leg measuring longer then the other but I hope that baby boy corrects itself sooner rather than later. Everything else is measuring completely normal with a heartbeat of 149 which is perfect. I’m also excited to see that she has a fairly large booty which she in no way gets from me so she has that going for her.

Our Ultrasound tech was not very comforting about anything. She said she’s not allowed to tell us if she sees any defects or issues and basically has to stay mute throughout the entire hour long U/S. So she was basically good for nothing but Jon and I asked her enough questions to get out that we are looking at a baby with all it’s legs and arms so I’m thrilled about that. I also appreciated the U/S tech telling us that we had a boy for the first part of the U/S but said she was mistaken but yet “99% sure it’s a girl.” So, when my baby girl shows up with a penis I’m coming for her.

The only other bummer about the U/S was the fact that we didn’t even get through all of it. We were there for well over an hour but since our little girl is training to be the next Mary Lou Retton she was unable to capture all the images that she needed and will need to go back for yet another round. The only good thing about going back is that we get to have enough time to take those freaky looking 3D pictures so that we can really see her every feature.

Bottom line is that all looks good, our baby is a girl (for now), who is active and measuring normal. Please enjoy our first scanned photo looking upwards at our baby’s butt and feet. She is going to truly hate us some day for this…


No comments:

Post a Comment