Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Walking Dead


When I was in college I had THE BEST JOB EVER. No, not working at the Mason Library.  Though that 30 dollars a week was super helpful! Don't overdue it KSC with your work study program. You don't want kids getting spoiled. Besides that,  I worked at a tanning salon. Yes, calm down, tanning salons are bad yada yada yada. But trust me, between heavy drinking, smoky basements and the Dining Common’s finest of cuisines, I think that tanning at a tanning salon was the least of my issues.

Working with my best friend, while getting tan for free for 4 years was kind of amazing. I don’t know how tan I actually got but I know it was more than what I’ve got now. Even though I tanned for many years, I don’t know if I’d step foot into a tanning bed ever again. Basically because I’ve come to terms with my white skin and the fact that no matter how much I tan, I’ll never be “tan.”

So now that I’m pregnant, obviously tanning beds are out of the question both because of my own reasoning and the fact that no matter how many doctor’s tell me “it’s OK in moderation” I refuse to believe that heating lamps are good for a already hot pregnant woman. Not only that, but I’ve read that I can’t use the spray tan, tan lotions or any other chemicals that can help me with my albino skin issues. I’m devastated.

The only thing I can resort to is bronzers. SO, I’m heading to Sephora this weekend to stock up because it’s going to be a long, scary, white summer if I don’t. With all of these “Zombie” occurrences in the last month I need to be sure I don’t get confused with any of them. So I’m doing what any responsible mom would do and will begin bronzing myself to look like a living human being for the good of myself and unborn child. 


No comments:

Post a Comment