Monday, June 4, 2012

Starting my Third Trimester!!!!...I think….


Depending on where you are looking, people say your third trimester starts at different times. I read that your third trimester starts at your 28th weeks, I also read when you start your 6th month or at your 24th week... Also, if a pregnancy is 40 weeks, doesn’t that mean I’ll be pregnant for 10 months?! I’m always so confused. As if we don't have enough to worry about I have to sit down and do mathematical equation every time someone asks me how far along I am. Since my “What to Expect when you are Expecting”  iPhone application has notified me that I’m in my third trimester I will be going by that! iPhone apps have been extremely reliable throughout this entire process already so why stop relying on them now.

I thought that by the time I hit my third trimester I’d be a waddling balloon wearing overalls or a floral covered moo moo. I have not succumbed to wearing my 90’s overall jean shorts but I have most certainly gotten bigger. Three people in the past weekend made the EXACT same comment, “Oh, now you look pregnant.” My mom, my aunt and my sister in law all said the same thing. This made me both happy and sad. Happy that I’ve managed to get through over 6 months of pregnancy not looking pregnant but sad that instead people assumed I was just getting really fat. To be honest, I’m really happy about looking pregnant because I sure as hell feel it.

We went to our third centering class on Thursday and Avery has a heartbeat of 150. I’m measuring one week ahead of schedule ( I blame that on the excessive amount of ice cream I’ve been having to battle my acid reflux, status: reflux is winning but ice cream is putting up a good fight) but my doctor says the weight gain is good and my blood pressure is excellent. It was probably the first time I’ve truly felt completely relived and felt that everything is going well.

So, currently I’m 27 weeks pregnant, 13 weeks left to go and I’m officially in my Third Trimester!!!! Let the swelling commence!!!!

1 comment: