Tuesday, February 21, 2012

iPregnant


If you haven’t guessed it by now, I own an iPhone. Oh, and I’m pregnant. I’m 12 weeks to be exact. For all you clever mathematicians out there we were well into our marriage before conception so let’s lay the rumor mill to rest. However, Jon, my husband,(this would be a completely different type of blog if it wasn’t), and I were not planning on kids until at least a year in to marriage. I think most couples say that but we really meant it. We were so adamant about not having children until later on in marriage that we did that most responsible thing we could think of, downloaded a free iPhone app to track when I could and couldn’t get pregnant.

Of course, the apps are used for those couples actually looking to conceive. We decided to use it for our own selfish reasons. Since every form of birth control needs a back up method, I of course downloaded not one but two free apps just in case.

My first app, Ladytimer, very clearly shows you on a calendar what days you are most likely to conceive based on your ovulation schedule. That’s what Jon and I referred to as “don’t touch me with a ten inch pole days.” The second one “My Days” did exactly the same thing. I figured that two apps couldn’t be wrong so as long as we didn’t even look at each other on those 4 Ovulation days  we would be in the clear.

We perhaps should have read the fine print that you can still get pregnant 3 to 6 days before that. Oops. So unless we want to be the next Duggar family we decided that we will be using a more sound form of BC for the next go around.

This all brings us to the present day. Despite the initial tone of this blog, we are truly happy. We wanted to have kids. We were just looking forward to one more year of sleeping in and not being responsible for another human being. Since we are going through such a big life change,  I decided that I wanted to start a blog and document the good, the bad and they ugly of everything that pregnancy have to offer. Not only as an outlet for my crazy hormones but to share moments with not only my friend’s and family but for other women who have been in my shoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment