Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I’m a crappy mom….


During my pregnancy with Avery it was new and exciting and I wanted to share every moment with everybody! Whelp, being pregnant with Miss. Addie and taking care of a toddler was a little more exhausting than the first time around. However, I really do want to show the girls my blog when they get older so it is only fair that I tell Addie all the highlights that happened during the time I was pregnant with her.

 

1.       You were a wonderful surprise like your sister!! J Our trusted iPhone app was still a little off but we were happy to find out at about 5-6 weeks I was pregnant with you! We didn’t tell anyone until your sister’s first birthday party and didn’t make it Facebook official until after we found out you were a girl. Reason for this? Not a good one, except I was a curious to see how fat I could get until people started to question things. It is bad that more people questioned why I wasn’t drinking then why I was looking chubby.

 

2.       You were an easy pregnancy! Welll, except for the last month when Steve and Blue from Blue’s Clues raised your sister because I was so tired and then there was this time in the beginning when we were on vacation in Cape Cod with the family. No one at this time knew I was pregnant except for your dad and your Ya-Ya. We all decided to go out for ice cream. Obviously, I hoped in the car and then began to feel extremely sick the moment we got there. I let everyone know of the fact that I wasn’t feeling all that great but since our family puts ice cream over other’s wellbeing everyone ordered their ice creams and sat down. Not I, instead I paced around the ice cream place like I was on drugs and then threw up in the woods in the back so no one would see me. Just want to give a big shout out to the fam, you know who you are, for not putting down your ice cream cones. I hope you enjoyed them! J

3.       I didn’t have many cravings with you. I told people that I craved pizza and chicken tenders but that was mainly because I was just being fat. I also consumed more Chocolate Creams (“healthy” Oreos) than anyone should in their entire lifetime. I apologize for all that as I’m sure that one day having eaten those items when pregnant will be linked to bad SAT scores or frizzy hair. So sorry about that.

4.       You were SO active. It was like creepy active. We could see you just tossing and turning in me. I couldn’t lay on my side because you decided to set up shop in my rib cage and any time I would move to one side you would push until I rolled on to my back.  However, I did appreciate the movement because I knew you were always doing OK. J

5.       My next blog will be about your birth story since I did one for your sister so I won’t get into that but I will say that my biggest highlight of being pregnant with you was finding out at every appointment that you were perfect!!

I know this 5 highlight list does not make up for the fact that I wrote almost a blog a day when I was pregnant with your sister so I will tell you this…you were a way, way, way easier baby than your darling big sister, and for that, I thank you. J

1 comment:

  1. As always your blog is insightful and witty. I can't wait for the next post about Miss Addie and your adventures together.

    ReplyDelete